Recipe by TheDancingCook
These sweet and chewy bars are chock full of goodies; a great treat for kids to eat and/or help make. I made these with the help of my 4 y/o on a rainy Saturday. I measured, he poured and stirred. Cut bars smaller to serve more people. I believe this recipe originated from a brand name baking cookbook.
Top Review by Parrot Head Mama
These were decent. I just wasn't a big fan of the bran flakes in the bars, although it sounded really good, I had a bit of a problem with the texture. May try again, though.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, water and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour and baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate morsels, cereal, peanuts and raisins.
- Spread mixture into a greased 13x9 dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut and serve.