Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Banana bread in bar form
Top Review by dicentra
These are great! I used one whole banana that was getting over ripe. I was out of chocolate chips, so I chopped up a small dark chocolate bar and added that to the mix. They are a little dry, but if you microwave them and/or have them with coffee they are fine. DD (my little Monkey) kept asking for more. I love the addition of the nutmeg.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 medium bananas (3/4 - 1 cup banana)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend bananas until smooth. Add in melted butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla and whizz until smooth and well-combined. Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan (it will be a thin layer).
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until a tester comes out dry.
- Cool completely before slicing.