Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From FoodFit. Not sure why they call these monkey bars (probably because of the banana), but these are a great, easy to make, kid-friendly snack.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant
- Heat the oven to 350°F
- Spray an 8-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and flour and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in the banana and currants.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden, about 1 hour.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve.
- These bars can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.