1/7 Photos of Monkey and Gorilla Bread
1 hr 35 mins
Sugar Rush! Make each of these breads in separate bundt pans. For serving, layer the 2 cakes, with the Monkey Bread as the top tier and the Gorilla Bread as the bottom tier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup flour, for pan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30 canned refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1.::||Monkey Bread Instructions||::.
- 2Butter and flour a bundt pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Combine sugar and cinnamon. Cut refrigerator biscuits in half and toss in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- 4Melt the 1 stick of butter in a saucepan and add brown sugar and bring to a boil; then add nuts.
- 5Line the bundt pan with biscuits and pour butter mixture over them.
- 6Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the pan when it's still hot to avoid sticking.
- 7.::||Gorilla Bread Instructions||::.
- 8Butter and flour a bundt pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- 10Separate biscuits and flatten each slightly with your hand. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and sugar mixture onto each biscuit.
- 11Place one cube of cream cheese in center of biscuit and fold in half to resemble a half moon.
- 12Melt the 1 stick of butter in a saucepan and add brown sugar and bring to a boil; remove from the heat.
- 13Place 1/2 cup nuts on the bottom of the bundt pan and then line the pan with a row of cream cheese filled biscuits.
- 14Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Drizzle half of the butter mixture on top and then repeat steps, beginning with nuts.
- 15Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the pan when it's still hot to avoid sticking.
- 16Place the Monkey on the Gorilla's back and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monkey and Gorilla Bread
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.9
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 748.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g