Recipe by mailbelle
From Mo'Niques cookbook, "Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted." Her recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, but to me that's too much, so I cut it back to 2 teaspoons.
Top Review by TransplantedHusker
Holy beans...this is GOOD stuff! I cut the recipe in half for just the three of us. I loved the cinnamon (used 1 tsp.) in it and highly recommend giving cinnamon a try in any favorite baked bean recipe. Oh, and I made it with all sugar free ingredients - still very good.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup aunt jemima's syrup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepot. Saute the onion and ground turkey for 4-6 minutes.
- Add the baked beans and all of the remaining ingredients except the cheese. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Pour into a baking dish, sprinkle with the cheese, and bake for 10-15 minutes, until bubbly.