Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My friend Monica's cocktail meatballs are the best I have ever had. They are WAY less sweet than all the other one's. They are really tangy and different than the typical ones you find at parties.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 15 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine Meatball ingredients and shape into the size of large marbles. Bake or fry the meatballs until cooked through.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a crockpot.
- Add the meatballs and cook on high for 4 hours until very hot.
The meatball part of this recipe is delicious. I used a 1 1/2" cookie dough scoop to shape the balls, then baked at 350 for 25 minutes. It made 55 meatballs; about 5 freezer meals for the 2 of us. I served this over rice as a main dish. The sauce, however was too strong and acidic. Maybe from the lemon juice? I won't use the sauce again but I will experiment serving the meatballs with other sauces.