Recipe by Sue Gifford
My husband and 6 year old son regularly request this recipe when it is their turn to pick a meal. They are more than willing to wait the marinading time for the end results. I accompany this dish with steamed broccoli with cheese sauce and 2nd's and 3rd's are frequent.
Top Review by Sassy Sandra
This is very yumpy!!! The adults and the kids all loved it - some times this is hard to do! Instead of sherry wine, I used a nice red wine and added 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the ingredients. It was very good, and I will be making this again - for sure!!!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin tip roast, cut into thin bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced lengthwise
- 1 (1 inch) piece gingerroot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in the water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cut sirloin pieces in a 13x9 glass baking dish or other flat non-metal dish.
- Cover meat in order starting with sugar, then garlic slices, shredded ginger and finally onion.
- Combine soy sauce and sherry and pour over meat.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove meat; strain marinade and set aside.
- Heat oil and add meat, cooking until no longer red; add marinade and bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch to thicken.
- Serve over rice.