Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
How chili has evolved for me...
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb beef sirloin, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans beans (kidney, pinto, red, misc)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can dark beer
- 3 -6 hot peppers, chopped (adjust for heat, chili, habanero, cayenne, etc)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Mix cumin, paprika, and chili powders together.
- Heat 1/2 above spice mix in oil until aroma is released.
- Saute cubed steak until surface is well seared.
- Add ground beef, onion, and garlic and continue to saute until beef is ALMOST done.
- Move to large chili pot, and blend in tomato paste.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer with occasional stir for at least 3 hours, or as long as you can wait.
- Add ground Habanero (Scotch Bonnet) pepper to adjust heat to taste.
- Add more dark beer (or beef broth or water) to adjust consistency.