1/1 Photo of Mongolian Lamb Meatballs With Spicy Sauce
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from Australian Womens Weekly Stir Fries and it is a favourite with my family also with the respite clients I cook for. Prep time takes in refrigeration time for 1 hour
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 50 g stale breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use olive)
- 1 large red pepper, sliced (capsicum)
- 4 green shallots, sliced
- 1 lamb stock cube (I use vegita) or 1 beef stock cube (I use vegita)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 250 ml water
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter (or can use tahini)
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 40 g unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1Combine lamb, garlic, ginger, onion, breadcrumbs, sherry, soy sauce, parsley and egg in bowl.
- 2Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; place on tray and refrigerate for one hour.
- 3Heat oil in wok.
- 4Add meatballs in batches; stir fry gently until meatballs are cooked, remove.
- 5Add pepper and shallot; stir fry.
- 6Add meatballs, crumbed stock cube or (vegita) blended cornflour and water, remaining sauces, peanut butter and spice powder.
- 7Stir until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- 8Serve sprinkled with peanuts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mongolian Lamb Meatballs With Spicy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.3
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 137.8 mg
- Sodium 408.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lamb stock cube
sweet chili sauce