Wendys Kitchen's Note:
From the site http://besthomechef.com.au/recipe/mongolian-lamb-in-slow-cooker/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g lean lamb (boneless)
- 2 red onions (chopped )
- 1 oil, for cooking
- 1 egg (lightly whisk with fork)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chinese five spice herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (from jar)
- 1/2 fresh leek
- 1Make marinade:.
- 2In bowl combine soy sauce,sugar,egg,cornflour,soda bicarbonate and garlic.Add meat and leave in fridge ….2 hours or over night.
- 3)Make sauce:.
- 4In bowl mix 2 tablespoons of water,add chilli sauce,hoisin sauce,chinese five spice and ginger.
- 5In pan heat oil and fry onions,add meat and brown.Transfer meat into slow-cooker,pour the sauce,leek and cook until meat is soft.(3 – 4 hours on high ).
- 6Taste and see,if anything need to be added.Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mongolian Lamb in Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.6 mg
- Sodium 597.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: