Prep 2 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
From the site http://besthomechef.com.au/recipe/mongolian-lamb-in-slow-cooker/
- 500 g lean lamb (boneless)
- 2 red onions (chopped )
- 1 oil, for cooking
- 1 egg (lightly whisk with fork)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chinese five spice herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger (from jar)
- 1⁄2 fresh leek
- Make marinade:.
- In bowl combine soy sauce,sugar,egg,cornflour,soda bicarbonate and garlic.Add meat and leave in fridge ….2 hours or over night.
- )Make sauce:.
- In bowl mix 2 tablespoons of water,add chilli sauce,hoisin sauce,chinese five spice and ginger.
- In pan heat oil and fry onions,add meat and brown.Transfer meat into slow-cooker,pour the sauce,leek and cook until meat is soft.(3 – 4 hours on high ).
- Taste and see,if anything need to be added.Serve with rice.