Recipe by JustJanS
One of my favourite lamb dishes-quicker than going for take-aways.
Top Review by aemilehi
Incredible! It really is! I am no a lamb fan, but hubby is so I am always trying to find something that I like so he isn't deprived. We loved this! The meat is incredibly tender, not gamey at all. The only addition was lots and lots of stir fried sweet onions. Mmmmm!
- 40 ml oil
- 500 g lamb fillets, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 spring onions
- 40 ml soy sauce
- 80 ml dry sherry
- 40 ml sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (I toast them by tossing in a dry non-stick frypan over a medium heat until golden)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok and add half the oil, swirling it round to coat the pan.
- Stir-fry the lamb in 2 batches for 3 minutes each time.
- Remove all the lamb from the wok.
- Reheat the wok and add the other half of oil.
- Add the garlic and spring onion, and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then remove from the wok.
- Add the sauces and sherry to the wok, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce thickens a little.
- Return the meat and any juices to the wok, and the spring onion, and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.