Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my favourite lamb dishes-quicker than going for take-aways.
- 40 ml oil
- 500 g lamb fillets, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 spring onions
- 40 ml soy sauce
- 80 ml dry sherry
- 40 ml sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (I toast them by tossing in a dry non-stick frypan over a medium heat until golden)
- Heat a wok and add half the oil, swirling it round to coat the pan.
- Stir-fry the lamb in 2 batches for 3 minutes each time.
- Remove all the lamb from the wok.
- Reheat the wok and add the other half of oil.
- Add the garlic and spring onion, and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then remove from the wok.
- Add the sauces and sherry to the wok, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce thickens a little.
- Return the meat and any juices to the wok, and the spring onion, and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
Incredible! It really is! I am no a lamb fan, but hubby is so I am always trying to find something that I like so he isn't deprived. We loved this! The meat is incredibly tender, not gamey at all. The only addition was lots and lots of stir fried sweet onions. Mmmmm!
This is just my sort of dish, Jan S. Fast, easy, and most importantly, tasty. I think a stir-fried spinach side dish would go well with this. We'll be having it again.
This is great and very simple to make on a busy weeknight. I made this with pork tenderloin as I couldn't find any lamb the week I was making it (very hard to come by in cattle country) and it was still fabulous. I can't wait to make it with the lamb. I did double the sauce as we are sauce fanatics and added an extra clove of garlic. I will definitely be making this again - leftovers the next day were even better. Thanks for posting!