Recipe by eandb_norton
If you love the Mongolian Sauce at your favorite Mongolian Grill restaurant, then you'll love this recipe. The original version was a bit too sweet for me, so I just reduced the brown sugar to 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm oil in sauce pan. Add ginger and garlic, stirring quickly to avoid scorching. Add water, soy sauce and sugar allowing sugar to dissolve. Bring sauce to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickens to desired consistency.
- If using to brown with meat, add to meat once meat is cooked thoroughly. Simmer until thick.
- If using with veggies, add ¼ to ½ c to veggies to stir fry.