Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fun, fun, fun!!!! My husband and I did this fire pot for our last dinner party. Everyone loved it and the dinner went on for a long time with lots of laughs and conversation. We also served an assortment of wines. You can serve any meat, seafood or vegetables you wish. Fried rice and Kim Chee are great accompaniments. I would plan 4 people to a pot. We used two pots for our party. This is so much nicer than the messy oil fondues. Cooking time depends on how long you want your party to go on!! LOL
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, strips
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled,deveined,cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced in strips
- 6 -8 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, cut in 1 inch squares
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 slices fresh ginger, smashed with a knife
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- Divide the chicken, shrimp, flank steak, spinach leaves and tofu evenly and decoratively on individual platters for each guest.
- Bring the chicken stock, ginger and green onions to a simmer in a fondue pot.
- Your guests spear and cook their food with fondue forks.
- Try to keep the level of chicken stock at 6 cups by adding more to the fondue pot as needed.
- We also provided chopsticks for eating with.
- Suggested dipping sauces: Chinese hot mustard, sweet and sour sauce, peanut sauce and curry sauce.
- If desired, once all the ingredients have been cooked, add 2 beaten eggs, baby spinach and 4 ounces of cooked Chinese noodles to the hot chicken stock and serve in small soup bowls for a delicious soup.
- End the meal with fortune cookies and green tea ice cream.
Enjoyed this with some friends for my birthday party. Had chicken, steak, tofu, mushroom caps, par-boiled potato, broccoli. I actually had the shrimp in the freezer and completely forgot it, but we still had a lot to eat. We've done oil based fondue before but this was our first time with broth. It was much lighter and healthier, but the stock didn't do much for me. I think it needed more kick to it. The sauces made up for it though. Served Uncle Bills Green Goddess Dressing (recipe=146029), Peanut Sauce(recipe=56939) (really good) and Curry Sauce for Fondue(recipe=82280) with it.