Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I didn't have any Saifun Bean Threads so I used Chinese Noodles and was so glad I did. They gave this dish a 3 dimensional crunch along with the lettuce and water chestnuts that was thoroughly enjoyed. The sauce was great on the lettuce.
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) packagedynasty saifun bean threads
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dynasty hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon dynasty szechwan chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb lean tender beef, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 5 green onions with tops, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 (8 ounce) candynasty water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups packed shredded iceberg lettuce
- Soften 1 bundle saifun as pkg. directs. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well. Coarsely chop and set aside. Save remaining saifun for use another time.
- Dissolve bouillon in 1/2 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Mix in cornstarch, hoisin, chili and soy sauces; stir until cornstarch dissolves.
- Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick over high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; coat inside of pan. Add half the beef. Stir-fry 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Repeat cooking procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and beef. Return all beef to pan.
- Mix in green onions & tops, water chestnuts, saifun and chili sauce mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Line serving plate with lettuce. Spoon beef mixture over lettuce. Toss at table as desire.