This recipe is so easy to make and you would think you were eating at a chinese restraunt! I love to serve it with steamed white rice or rice noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sirloin steaks or 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup green onion, green part only,sliced diagonally
- 1 cup carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- chili paste or crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Combine beef, egg white, salt and 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- 2Mix well with hand.
- 3Heat oil and fry beef for 30 seconds, drain.
- 4Reheat 2 tablespoons of oil to 375 degrees in wok or large fry pan.
- 5Stir-fry bamboo shoots, green onions, carrots and garlic for 1 minute.
- 6Combine sherry, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chicken stock, sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon cornstarch, garlic and chili paste to taste in bowl.
- 7Add to vegetables.
- 8Add sesame seeds, and bring to a boil.
- 9Add beef.
- 10Stir-fry quickly until heated through.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mongolian Beef
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.0
- Calories from Fat 733
- Total Fat 81.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.5 mg
- Sodium 1051.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 35.7 g