Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is adapted from cooking light. I have made it for family and friends a few times and it is full of great flavor. Quick, easy, and yummy!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 16 medium green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Whisk together the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Sauté ginger, garlic, and beef for about 2 minutes or until beef is browned.
- Add green onion pieces and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce mixture and cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve over rice.
I cut amount of meat and onions in half and added snow peas. Love the sauce, however feel that it should be doubled. . . can't imagine how it would have been if I'd cut the sauce in half. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT #6
Oh, yeah, baby, this is what I'm talking about! This is so good, I didn't want to stop eating it! Every ingredient was perfectly matched. Will be made often, Slatts, and thnx so much for sharing it!. Made for a fellow Voracious Vagabond of ZWT 6.
Who needs carry out when you can make your own? This is fast so have your prep work done. We especially like the ginger in this-the onion amount is perfect-thought at first it might be too much but not so. Served with Peach Custard Pie With Streusel Topping. Thank you Slatts for sharing. Made for the Unrulies Under the Influence during ZWT6.