Recipe by Slatts
This is adapted from cooking light. I have made it for family and friends a few times and it is full of great flavor. Quick, easy, and yummy!
Top Review by Galley Wench
I cut amount of meat and onions in half and added snow peas. Love the sauce, however feel that it should be doubled. . . can't imagine how it would have been if I'd cut the sauce in half. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT #6
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 16 medium green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Sauté ginger, garlic, and beef for about 2 minutes or until beef is browned.
- Add green onion pieces and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce mixture and cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve over rice.