Recipe by IngridH
Adapted from Cooking Light, December 2009. You can leave out the MSG if you like (it wasn't in the original version), but you will likely need to increase the salt to compensate.
Top Review by Deantini
Delicious - I used left over steak from our steak dinner the night before and broccoli instead of asparagus. I steamed the broccoli 2 min before adding them to the stirfry, which made them done, but still nice and crunchy. Made for ZWT6
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced thin
- 5 green onions, sliced in 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, sliced in 1 1/2 inch pieces and blanched
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, mirin, hoisin, garlic chile sauce, and MSG. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Sear beef strips on both sides, just until brown and slightly carmelized. This may take serveral batches.
- Set beef aside in a bowl.
- Add oil to skillet.
- Add vegetables, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir fry for a minute or two.
- Add the sauce and beef.
- Stir fry for another 30 seconds to a minute, until sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice or noodles.