Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is out of the 2004 edition of the KCTS chefs cookbook. It was sent in by the head chef and owner Charley Lee of the Golden House Chinese Cuisine Restaurant. In Mukilteo, Washington.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add the finely minced garlic and saute' until slightly golden.
- Combine the chili sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix well before adding into the pan.
- Add the beef (or chicken) into the simmering sauce mixture in the pan.
- Continue to simmer until the liquid is reduced.
- Add the shredded onion with a dash of sesame oil.
- Stir fry until everything is tender and fully cooked.
- Serve with rice and enjoy.
This was quick, but when I made it, it turned out super salty. Not sure if it was my soy sauce or the sweet chili sauce I got. Any suggestions welcome. I'm just a mom trying to find and make delicious meals for my family, so any corrective suggestions would be awesome!
This made for a quick and tasty weeknight meal. It made quite a bit of sauce and I didn't want to let it cook too long. Next time I would increase the chili sauce or add red pepper flakes and add some cornstarch. There will be a next time as in the words of my DS, "This would be one of my top five dinners!" Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
This was good, but we thought it was a little on the sweet side and my sauce did need to be thickened with cornstarch. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.