1/1 Photo of Mongolian Barbecued Breast of Chicken
with reddened annatto rice. (makes 3 1/2 cups rice). The marinade is absolutely fabulous. Very simple recipe even though the ingredients are long. from chef2chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chicken and mongo marinade
- 3/4 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup spanish sherry wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salsa, sriracha
- 4 (8 -10 ounce) chicken breasts, with one small wing bone attached
For the Annatto Reddened Rice
- 1 cup raw long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons annatto oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, stem and seeds discarded and minced
- 1/2 onion, diced medium small
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced med. small
- 1 stalk celery, cleaned and diced med. small
- 2 small bay leaves, broken
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1Combine all ingredients for the marinade including chicken, mix well and reserve. Marinate the breasts 1-3 hours covered in refrigeration.
- 2Make rice:.
- 3In a saucepot heat the prepared annatto oil and the butter on medium high heat.
- 4Now add the scotch bonnet and the garlic and stir. Cook 15 seconds and then add the remaining vegetables and the bay leaves and stir well. Allow the vegetables to cook until well glazed. (Allow almost 10 minutes to really get the flavor out of the veg.) Stir frequently.
- 5Now add the rice and the salt and pepper. Stir well. Now add the chicken stock and stir once. Bring to a boil and then immediately lower the heat to very low. Cover the pot and cook until all of the stock is absorbed. (About 13-15 minutes). Can be kept warm for 30 minutes, (or more) before serving if desired.
- 6Remove the breasts from the marinade and grill them until just cooked through and place the chicken on a warm plate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mongolian Barbecued Breast of Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.4
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 162.9 mg
- Sodium 899.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 56.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar
rice wine vinegar