Recipe by Abby Girl
For those who need a chocolate fix, or a quick snack for the kids after school--these can be done in 30 minutes flat! They are fast, easy and taste wonderful--especially when they are warm from the oven. Bet you can't have just one!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the cocoa powder and sugar. Add the vanilla.
- Mix a little of the chocolate mixture with the eggs, then pour back into the pot. Mix quickly.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and walnuts and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into an 8x8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or tested with a toothpick.