Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Another hot & spicy recipe from my husband Mondo. After much experimenting he came up with this magic mixture. This recipe gets rave reviews. If you love this recipe make sure you try the hot & spicy pickles too in my cookbook!
- 2 lbs venison steak, cut into strips
- 7 ounces soy sauce
- 7 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt or 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Cut meat into strips and remove all fat.
- Add all ingredients into ziplock bag and shake well.
- Marinade for 8-24 hours.
- Place on dehydrator.
- Remove after fully dried and place into a clean ziplock.
- For the first 1/2 day keep bag slightly opened so any remaining moisture will evaporate.
- Share with friends and family!
First time making jerky. I used NMY sirloin and marinated it over night. It came out really tasty. Some pieces have a good "kick". I used garlic salt and it tasted great.
The recipe is nice, but completely vague for anyone who's never made jerky, but loves it. Would have been far more helpful in depth so I didn't spend hours on other sites trying to figure out cuts, temps, etc.
This is the first time I've made jerky and I LOVE this. It's a bit salty for me but I don't like salt so next time I will just cut down on it but the flavor is great!