1/4 Photos of Mondo's Hot & Spicy Pickles
2 hrs 8 mins
Monica in PA's Note:
This recipe was created by my husband Armando (Mondo) who has come up with this recipe after searching for a good hot & spicy pickle and couldn't find one that was spicy enough! People beg for jars of these and my friend Stacey claims that they cure any cold!!HA!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 -40 medium pickling cucumbers
- 4 cups vinegar
- 3 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- fresh dill
- 1 garlic, bulb whole cloves and some chopped
- 3/4 cup kosher salt or 3/4 cup sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peppercorns
- red dried hot chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- 1Clean cucumbers in cold water.
- 2Place water, vinegar, sugar, salt in large pot.
- 3Place sprigs of dill (stems and all) and pickling spices in cheesecloth. Knot the cheesecloth and place in pot with the rest of ingredients.
- 4Bring to a boil to make a brine solution.
- 5Place a few peppercorns, few garlic cloves or chopped garlic, 1/8 teaspoons Alum, a couple dried whole chile peppers in each empty canning jar that is going to be used. If you desire hotter pickles, add optional 1 - 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes to each jar.
- 6Then place pickles in jar and fill with brine solution.
- 7Wipe rims of jars with clean cloth, place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- 8Process for 8 minutes in water bath.
- 9Remove to cloth-protected counter and let rest undisturbed for 24 hours to cool.
- 10Pickles are ready to eat in about 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mondo's Hot & Spicy Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (13144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8517.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: