Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I threw this together with some leftover chicken breast on Monday night. I had a healthy and delicious dinner on the table in 20 minutes flat.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked with skin and bone removed
- 439.41 g can kidney beans, rinse and drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 709.77 ml macaroni, dry (I use whole wheat)
- 29.58 ml Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning (Italian Medley)
- 14.79 ml Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- Boil the macaroni according to package directions. While that is going, preheat a large skillet.
- Dice the chicken and add the olive oil and chicken to hot skillet. Toss with a bamboo spoon for a few minutes or until chicken is starting to brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with juice), drained and rinsed kidney beans, and frozen peas to the chicken. Cover and bring up to a simmer.
- Remove lid, add seasoning and stir in the macaroni.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious. At first, I was a little iffy about the peas and beans but it turned out to be a great recipe. However, I'm one for spicier foods, so I added some pizza seasoning and some Italian salad dressing so it was a little gooier and had a little extra zing. Delicious recipe nontheless.
good, fast, and easy!