Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Always made this on Monday so we could have leftovers on Thursday!!
- 1 lb ground beef (can be left out for meatless style)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) box macaroni (shells, penne, elbows)
- garlic powder
- Brown onion, pepper& ground beef.
- Add tomato soup, stewed tomatoes& seasonings.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta& add to sauce.
- Mix well& enjoy.
This is very close to what my mother used to make when I was growing up. Easy to make and very tasty. I used about a pound and a half of ground beef, omitted the green pepper (I didn't have any on hand) and i used a full pound of elbows. It came out great. Thank you.
I used your recipe last night for supper, although I did substitute Italian hot sausage links in place of the ground beef. I also used a full pound of macaroni. The only other change made was to put a spoonful of sugar into the sauce as I like my sauces a little sweeter. I really liked it as a quick supper recipe.....it has been added to my cookbook for future reference.