Recipe by mielhollinger
To make the oatmeal flour, blend 1 1/4 cup of rolled oat flakes in a blender or food processor.
Top Review by ladypit
Very dense pancakes. There was no way I could get them to "bubble" like the directions said. They were just too dense. I also got over a dozen pancakes (which leads me to think that saying it serves 2 is off). That all said, I liked these. I was happy that they have no added sweetner but it did mean that we had to add sweetner to the top. A very hearty breakfast option. I used whole wheat pastry flour for the flour and regular eggs.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour soymilk (add 1 tsp vinegar to soy milk)
- egg substitute (to equal 2 eggs)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together the oatmeal flour, oat flakes, flour, baking soda, and salt until evenly blended.
- Add the sour milk and egg replacer and stir until"just mixed".
- Portion out about 3/4-1 cup of batter onto hot non-stick pan or a lightly oiled frying pan and cover with a lid.
- Let sit on medium heat until the center starts to bubble and become sturdy.
- Flip pancake over and cook other side until golden brown.
- Repeat process until all the batter is gone.
- Top with maple syrup.