Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A real tasty meal, serve with your favourite greens.
- 400 g pork mince
- 1⁄2 cup white breadcrumb
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100 g mushrooms, finely chopped
- salt, black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Combine the mince, breadcrumbs, egg, milk parsley, sage, garlic, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Form into eight sausage shapes.
- Wrap each in a rasher of bacon and set aside. Place potato slices in well greased rectangular or oval ovenproof dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the potatoes with melted butter.
- Arrange the meat rolls down the centre of the dish and cover.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 200 C for 30-40 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes in half and place around the edge of dish.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top of meat rolls and tomatoes.
- Return to oven and cook uncovered for a further 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown.
- ** Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.