Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. My version of a favorite bakery treat, a butter-rich crust is topped with an almond-scented cream cheese filling, topped off with dark chocolate ganache and toasted almonds.
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1.5 (2 7/8 ounce) bars dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with Reynolds Non Stick Foil.
- Crust: Cut butter into dry ingredients and pat evenly into the pan. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Filling: Mix sugar and cream cheese with mixer until well creamed. Beat in eggs and almond extract until fluffy. Pour over crust while still hot. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Chocolate Ganache: Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl. In a small pan, heat the cream over medium heat, bringing it just to a boil. Immediately pour over the chocolate and stir until smooth. Pour over cooled filling, spreading out evenly. Scatter toasted almonds on top.
These are elegant little bar cookies that would be right at home on a dinner party dessert tray. Super-simple to make, and the flavors go beautifully together. I don't typically care for nut-topped sweets, but I really enjoyed the toasted almonds on these. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2012