Recipe by GiddyUpGo
This recipe was featured on week 40 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and Bulgaria is my 40th stop. Unless otherwise noted, my Travel by Stove recipes are taken from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients.
- 2 lbs beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1 cup rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 olives, whole
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- black pepper, paprika and salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the meat in a little bit of oil until it starts to brown. Then add the onions, beef stock and paprika and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and mushrooms. Keep simmering for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, butter, sugar and olives. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and pepper and serve.