Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A creamy, nutty flavored rice recipe. Goes well with most meats. I love this recipe.
- 7 cups sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked (not Minute Rice)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- Saute onions in butter.
- Cook rice 5 minutes, then drain.
- Put sauted onions and rice in a buttered casserole.
- Add cream, then cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 350ºF for 1 hour.
This was an easy recipe to put together and it went well with the baked chicken I made. I used Vidalia onions (which I love) and didn't measure the cheese. I'm sure it was more than 1/2 cup. Thanks for the wonderful recipe Miss Annie. Sue