Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yes...that is the name in the cookbook, I checked when I was given the recipe :o) These are light and tasty. Mixed in one bowl. Yeah for that.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl.
- Add butter and both sugars. Cream well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Drop onto baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
Yes, these cookies are really good, however, I have revised mine a bit so my family will get some nutrition as well as it being yummy, these seem to add more flavor:
I add cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, bran, raisins, organic choco chips, and raw crushed almonds.
(I just guess at the additions and they always turn out well)
Excellent cookies! I found my recipe in the Best of Bridge series. Can't go wrong with this one
Crispy and delish! Nex time I might add about 1/2 cup more oatmeal. Oh, by the way, I chilled the dough overnight. made for I reviewed tag game.