Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mother in laws' recipe. I make a variation but it's never goes over as well as these do.
Make and share this Momz's Sweet and Sour Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g jar guava jelly
- 340.19 g jar chili sauce
- 680.38-907.18 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml water
- 0.25 ml garlic pepper seasoning
- 78.07 ml breadcrumbs
- In a large pot, dump guava jelly and chili sauce, and fill chili sauce jar with water and add to the mix. Heat to blend.
- Mix beef, rice, egg, water, dash of garlic pepper, bread crumbs in bowl and form meatballs and add to sauce.
- Cover and heat on low for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
GREAT MEATBALLS, HERE! After making these we had 8 of them for supper with some cheese tortellini & it was very satisfying! The rest were divided between 2 freezer bags & frozen for later use! The guava jelly & chili sauce made a nice combo! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
These meatballs are terrific and so easy to make! I made just as specified and wouldn't change a thing. One pan easy and the whole family loved these - thanks for posting the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009