Recipe by Mctet
This is quite similar to all the other zucchini chocolate cakes posted here, but I know this combination works best for me! This makes a rich, dense cake that is fabulous with cream cheese icing or even without icing at all. The prep time may be shorter for others - I'm a very slow cook.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 25 cm tube or Bundt pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar to blend. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Stir in zucchini.
- Alternately stir in dry ingredients and milk, including the nuts with the last addition.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until cake spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pan 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and cool thoroughly.