my mom always makes it when we had company over or for a side dish .. it also makes a great summer dish also.. its easy to make and doesnt take very long at all.. just a few ingredients and you are all set. the cool thing about it also is that you dont have to have all the ingredients that i post . you can add your own variety if you choose. but this is how mom always makes it and its the one that i will stick with forever. when i make it at my house its gone in a matter of no time at all.. my husband loves it and always gets seconds and thirds.. sometimes it is our dinner when we are in the mood for something light. hope you can enjoy this as much as my family has!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box tri-colored pasta
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing (no specific brand-any works)
- 1 cucumber, chopped into small chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) container mushrooms (sliced-preferably fresh not out of a can)
- 1 (16 ounce) package cherry tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) jar black olives (the olives can be sliced or whole whichever you prefer- i buy the 8 ounce jar and just use half and )
- 1 (4 ounce) jar green olives
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (cubed)
- 1cook the pasta , after cooked cool in fridge or over ice.
- 2in a medium mixing bowl put italian dressing, cucumber, mushrooms, tomatoes, green and black olives , and cheese.
- 3stir the ingredients and let it marinate until your pasta cools.
- 4when pasta is cool put pasta in mixing bowl with veggies and dressing.
- 6cool in fridge for about an hour or so.
- 7eat and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Yummy Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.6
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 2547.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 22.1 g