Recipe by BecR
A yummy layered lemon dessert that's not too sweet, made with lemon pudding, cottage cheese and a brown-sugar oat crumble for crunch. Nice simple dessert or after-school snack--this was a favorite of mine, growing up. From my mother. Note: you can use low or non-fat and sugar-free products, if desired.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (or margarine)
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cool Whip Topping (optional, to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats, brown sugar, and butter; mix well. Spread in 15-10-1-inch baking pan; bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Crumble; cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat cottage cheese till smooth. Add milk, pudding mix, and lemon juice; beat 1 minute; chill 10-15 minutes.
- In parfait or wine glasses, alternate layers of pudding mixture and oat mixture (crunch).
- If desired, top each with a dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip and a small amount of crunch.