Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I've been eating this bread around the holidays as long as I can remember.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups light raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel and orange juice all at once.
- Stir just until mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in raisins and cranberries.
- Spoon into a greased 9X5X3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
A family favorite for years. This recipe is always apart of my Christmas baking. I love to give this away as gifts. Make it into three mini loaves.