Recipe by Darla Mays
This my fave salad that my mom always make while I was growing up. In memory of Darline Wall.
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, Torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 5 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (I use splenda)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (save yolk, set aside)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lettuce, onions, chopped eggs (set yolks on side for drippings mix)in a salad bowl; set aside.
- In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; set aside, save drippings.
- In the drippings, combine yolk and all remaining ingredients til well blend and creamy.
- Immediately pour over salad.
- Crumble bacon and add to salad; toss well.
- Serve immediately.