Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
this is a GREAT sweet dough recipe that my mom made all growing up. It is great for rolls, cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, bread, etc. one trick for shaping the rolls: roll dough into circle about 1/2 thick. use pizza cutter to cut circle into 12 triangles (cut in horizontal, then vertical, then those sections in thirds). circle the dough around your finger until the end and slide it off your finger. :) Good luck. these are great. :)
- warm milk in microwave,
- put the butter in the milk to soften.
- Put warm water in a bowl and dissolve the yeast in it.
- Add the eggs, sugar and salt along the side of the yeast bowl, but do not stir yet.
- Add the milk and butter to yeast mixture once milk is cool enough to prevent killing yeast.
- Add flour a cup at a time until a soft dough is made.
- Knead about 200 times.
- Rise for 45 minute.
- Shape rolls to your desired shape (I usually roll dough into circle, cut into 12 triangles and roll.).
- Rise again.
- Bake at 350 for about 22 minutes.
- This recipe is great for cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, bread, etc. :).