1 hr 52 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #204868's Note:
this is a GREAT sweet dough recipe that my mom made all growing up. It is great for rolls, cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, bread, etc. one trick for shaping the rolls: roll dough into circle about 1/2 thick. use pizza cutter to cut circle into 12 triangles (cut in horizontal, then vertical, then those sections in thirds). circle the dough around your finger until the end and slide it off your finger. :) Good luck. these are great. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1warm milk in microwave,
- 2put the butter in the milk to soften.
- 3Put warm water in a bowl and dissolve the yeast in it.
- 4Add the eggs, sugar and salt along the side of the yeast bowl, but do not stir yet.
- 5Add the milk and butter to yeast mixture once milk is cool enough to prevent killing yeast.
- 6Add flour a cup at a time until a soft dough is made.
- 7Knead about 200 times.
- 8Rise for 45 minute.
- 9Shape rolls to your desired shape (I usually roll dough into circle, cut into 12 triangles and roll.).
- 10Rise again.
- 11Bake at 350 for about 22 minutes.
- 12This recipe is great for cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, bread, etc. :).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's White Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 141.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g