Recipe by Cookin In Texas
This is a very good and yummy fudge. You cannot taste the crackers in this candy.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk (can or whole)
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (fresh not stale)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 30 saltine crackers (finely crushed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- First butter a cake pan and set aside.
- Then measure out your peanut butter, vanilla and crackers(make sure they are crushed and ready)also set this aside.
- Now in a heavy sauce pan wipe the 2 T butter around the inside of the pan, this coats the pan and helps keep the sugar from crystallizing.
- Add the sugar and the milk to the pan.
- Heat over med heat stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil. let boil but keep stirring for three minutes.
- When time is up remove from heat *work quickly here* add crushed crackers, peanut butter and vanilla stir fast and well because it will start to get hard.
- Pour this into your prepared cake pan and let cool. cut into squares and enjoy.