Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of the greatest casseroles of all time. My Mom originally made it for me when I was a kid and I loved it! She made it from memory, but she has since written it down for me and the recipe works great.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 350° and lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- Cut the tortillas into 1/2" strips and set aside.
- Place the ground turkey, vegetable oil, garlic salt and chili powder in a skillet and simmer until fully cooked.
- Add the soup, salsa, green chilis, olives, cumin, green onions, salt and pepper; stir well.
- Line the bottom and sides of the casserole dish with half of the tortilla strips, cover with half of the turkey mixture, then sprinkle half of the cheese over that.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.
This was a very nice recipe. I made the recipe exactly as directed with only 2 exceptions. I used frozen, medium heat, New Mexican green chiles, and green chile powder in place of the red. The flavor was wonderful, and had a nice heat kick. This will be a nice, healthy recipe to keep. Thanks for sharing your recipe RPLS!!