Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mom's been making these forever. My brother always insisted she bring these to every event he had at his home.I never really under stood why as by the time I got to the food they were gone. So I tried them for myself everyone enjoyed them,luckly I tried them when I was making them as they also dissapeared.
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh breadcrumbs (2 1/2 slices)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons tarragon leaves (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Combine egg, turkey,crumbs,onion and garlic with 1 tsp tarragon 1/8 tsp salt& 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Mix well.
- Using a small spoon shape into 30-40 meatballs.
- Brown 1/2 meatballs in 2 1/2 Tbs oil in a large skillet about 6 minutes turning as sides brown.
- Remove to a platter.
- Brown remaining meatball adding rest of oil if needed 2-3 minutes turning as above.
- Remove to platter.
- To the skillet add chicken broth,lemon juice, remaining tarragon, salt if desired& pepper.
- Heat to a low boil.
- You may thicken the broth with cornstarch/water mix if desire or leave it with out.
- Add meat balls to pan coat with sauce.
- Serve as an appetizer or serve over rice or egg noodles.
- Best if prepared a day ahead of time.
- Also freezes well.
These are the best meatballs! I tried a similar recipe and it didn't even compare. Great for parties. Ton's of flavor! I wish more people would try this recipe. P.S. I like to bake them in the oven at 400 for 12 min after cooking in pan just to make sure they are done through.
I really like these meatballs. I do however, change the recipie. I use fresh tarragon and not dried. I also use a ton more tarragon than 2 tsp. The sauce makes it yummy also. This is a recipie that you take and make it your own.