Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was adapted from one from "Healthy Appetite" on the Food Network.
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oats and milk.
- Thinly slice 1/4 of the onion and set aside. Finely chop the remaining onion.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, oat mixture, chopped onion, bell pepper, egg substitute, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix just until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13-inch pan and shape into a loaf abut 5 inches wide and 2 1/2 inches high. Sprinkle with sliced onions.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Top with remaining ketchup and bake for 10 minutes longer or until instant read thermometer registers 160°F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with warmed tomato sauce.