Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
this is my favorite way to make turkey-comes out moist and wonderful
- 1 (12 lb) whole turkey, fresh if possible
- mccormicks roast chicken seasoning
- 2 fresh lemons
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Wash and pat dry Turkey in cold water.
- Place turkey in bag and bag into deep roaster.
- Cut 1 lemon into slices.
- put slices ( minus seeds) under turkey skin ( breast, thigh, wearever).
- Cut 2nd lemon in half.
- Squeeze out juice ( minus seeds)over top of turkey. Put empty lemon rind halfs into cavity.
- Liberally sprinkle the McCormick Chicken seasoning over the entire turkey ( I use 1/2 bottle per turkey ).
- Place stick butter on top of turkey.
- Close bag and tie-leave only a small amount of room between bag sides and turkey.
- Cut six slits into bag.
- Roast 2 1/2- 3hours or until turkey leg separates easily and meat falls off.
- Remove Turkey and let sit in bag ( in roaster also) fro at least 30 minutes befre slicing.