Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy coffee cake recipe with a nice topping of brown sugar, mini-marshmallows and walnuts. Recipe was passed down to me from my mother...this cake has been "toted" to many lunches, picnics, and family gatherings...thus the name. I hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or shortening)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 3 dozen miniature marshmallows (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Make cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, cream brown sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla mixture, mixing thoroughly. Pour cake batter into greased and floured 9x13- inch baking pan.
- Make topping:.
- Combine brown sugar sugar and nuts. Sprinkle marshmallows over cake batter and sprinkle brown sugar and nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 d F for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan before cutting.