I'll admit, I eat them without the pepper but others in the family eat them right. ;o)
Make and share this Mom's Top-Of-The-Stove Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Divide peppers lengthwise and remove seeds. Cook in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from water and let cool.
- Combine hamburger, bread crumbs, egg and a little less than a 1/2 can of tomato soup. (Don't use too much or the filling will be too loose) Add some chopped onion or onion powder to taste. (I use about 1/2 teaspoons onion powder).
- Fill each pepper half with meat mixture.
- Brown the peppers, meat side down, over medium high heat for approximately 6 minutes. Turn them over and cook about 5 more minutes. Then spoon the rest of the condensed tomato soup over the peppers.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, turning them over occasionally and spooning the sauce over the top a couple times.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
- Note: If someone doesn't want the peppers, you can make a few patties of the meat mixture and cook them a long with the stuffed peppers.