1/6 Photos of Mom's Top-Of-The-Stove Stuffed Bell Peppers
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I'll admit, I eat them without the pepper but others in the family eat them right. ;o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Divide peppers lengthwise and remove seeds. Cook in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from water and let cool.
- 2Combine hamburger, bread crumbs, egg and a little less than a 1/2 can of tomato soup. (Don't use too much or the filling will be too loose) Add some chopped onion or onion powder to taste. (I use about 1/2 teaspoons onion powder).
- 3Fill each pepper half with meat mixture.
- 4Brown the peppers, meat side down, over medium high heat for approximately 6 minutes. Turn them over and cook about 5 more minutes. Then spoon the rest of the condensed tomato soup over the peppers.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, turning them over occasionally and spooning the sauce over the top a couple times.
- 6Serve over cooked white rice.
- 7Note: If someone doesn't want the peppers, you can make a few patties of the meat mixture and cook them a long with the stuffed peppers.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Top-Of-The-Stove Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.9 mg
- Sodium 1454.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 31.2 g