Recipe by seashells63
Family's all time favorite soup for years. You can have chicken noodle meatballs soup, just use 2 pkgs of Knorr Chicken Noodle soup instead of 2 pkgs of Tomato Vegetable soup and no tomato paste.
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 4 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 6 -8 celery hearts, finely chopped
- 1 big potato, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- water, to fill up to 3/4 of pot
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 lb hamburger (80% lean)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, broken into 1/3
Directions See How It's Made
- Put dry soup and stock in big pot.
- Add celery, potato and onion.
- Fill the water to 3/4 level in pot.
- Bring to boil, turn to low, very gentle simmer one hour and half, stirring every other 15 mins or so until veggie is tender.
- Prepare Meatballs:.
- Mix hamburger, salt and pepper and rolls into 3/4" place on plate, set aside in fridge.
- Add meatballs, tomato pastes and broken noodles to pot and continue cooking 1/2 hour more or until meatballs and noodles are done
- *NOTE: If the soup is a little too thick, add more water if necessary.