Recipe by CoCaShe
Another recipe passed down from my mom. This is pretty basic soup, she usually serves it with cooked noodles.
- 1 -3 pork bone
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 1 -2 carrot, cut in half
- 1 small onion
- 1 parsley root
- 1 celery root
- 2 -6 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim pork bones of visible fat. Place 1-3 pork bones in a saucepan and add enough water to cover plus about one inch.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, allspice (4-5 whole or just a dash if using powder) and bay leaves.
- Cut onion in half and add to water.
- Simmer for about half an hour. Add carrot, parsley root and celery root. These vegetables should be cut in half, just so they cook quicker but don't have to be bite size as they'll be removed later.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes or until veggies are soft. Remove the vegetables, onion and meat.
- Add tomato paste, a few teaspoons at a time. Keep tasting it until you get the tomato flavour you want.
- Season to taste and finish with sour cream (amount will depend on how much soup you've made). To ensure the sour cream dissolves properly, stir it in a separate coup with some hot broth and then add to the soup. Add parsley and serve hot.