1 hr 30 mins
Another recipe passed down from my mom. This is pretty basic soup, she usually serves it with cooked noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim pork bones of visible fat. Place 1-3 pork bones in a saucepan and add enough water to cover plus about one inch.
- 2Add salt and pepper to taste, allspice (4-5 whole or just a dash if using powder) and bay leaves.
- 3Cut onion in half and add to water.
- 4Simmer for about half an hour. Add carrot, parsley root and celery root. These vegetables should be cut in half, just so they cook quicker but don't have to be bite size as they'll be removed later.
- 5Simmer 15-20 minutes or until veggies are soft. Remove the vegetables, onion and meat.
- 6Add tomato paste, a few teaspoons at a time. Keep tasting it until you get the tomato flavour you want.
- 7Season to taste and finish with sour cream (amount will depend on how much soup you've made). To ensure the sour cream dissolves properly, stir it in a separate coup with some hot broth and then add to the soup. Add parsley and serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 51.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: