My mother used to use these in one of her lessons, when she was a Home Economics teacher in the '60s.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350'.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Add yolk and mix.
- 4Add flour, beat until well blended.
- 5In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white.
- 6Form dough into small balls.
- 7Dip each ball in egg white and roll in nuts, place on a cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 5 minutes.
- 9Make depression in each cookie, the back of a small measuring spoon works well.
- 10Bake 10 more minutes.
- 11Cool, add small spoonful of jelly in the depression of each cookie.
- 12Substitutions: may use walnuts or almonds, instead of pecans.
- 13May use icing instead of jelly.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 41.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g