Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mothers recipe that she gave me this past Thanksgiving. It came out great and have to share it. It makes alot of stuffing ENJOY
- 1 (10 ounce) package cornbread
- 1⁄2 broiler-fryer chicken (boiled and pulled, save chicken stock)
- 3 celery ribs (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- For the cornbread, use any cornbread recipe, I like to bake it in a cast-iron pan.
- Crumb corn bread in a large bowl.
- Then chop all items fine I prefer to use a food processor to make the celery,bell pepper, pecans and green onions extra fine and add to the cornbread mix,.
- Mix everything with your hands, while mixing use chicken stock to get a sticky consistency, but still pretty saturated (this will determine the moisture of the stuffing -- more chicken stock more moist less it will be a little dryer).
- Spray a nonstick spray on a glass pan (large cake pan).
- Dump out all mixture into pan an spread out evenly.
- Place in oven uncovered for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Take out and let cool for a few minutes.
- Dig in and enjoy!