Recipe by Fidelinski
This is my mothers recipe that she gave me this past Thanksgiving. It came out great and have to share it. It makes alot of stuffing ENJOY
- 1 (10 ounce) package cornbread
- 1⁄2 broiler-fryer chicken (boiled and pulled, save chicken stock)
- 3 celery ribs (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- For the cornbread, use any cornbread recipe, I like to bake it in a cast-iron pan.
- Crumb corn bread in a large bowl.
- Then chop all items fine I prefer to use a food processor to make the celery,bell pepper, pecans and green onions extra fine and add to the cornbread mix,.
- Mix everything with your hands, while mixing use chicken stock to get a sticky consistency, but still pretty saturated (this will determine the moisture of the stuffing -- more chicken stock more moist less it will be a little dryer).
- Spray a nonstick spray on a glass pan (large cake pan).
- Dump out all mixture into pan an spread out evenly.
- Place in oven uncovered for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Take out and let cool for a few minutes.
- Dig in and enjoy!