Pepper Monkey's Note:
My mom used to make these to go with her chili on cold days. They are spicy, cheesy corn bread muffins that are excellent. I hope you enjoy them too. You can also use montery jack cheese instead of cheddar cheese. Your favorite salsa works best in these and i have found that home made salsa is the best at making these unbelievable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Grease muffin pan with cooking spray.
- 3Mix egg, milk, cornmeal and oil together in a bowl.
- 4Fold in 1 1/2 cup cheese and salsa.
- 5Add hot sauce for a spicier muffin.
- 6Bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes.
- 7During the last 5 minutes sprinkle the tops of the muffins with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 8Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Tex Mex Cornbread Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.6
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 268.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: